- 1 1/2 pounds Butcher Box sirloin steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Steak Seasoning I like McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced green peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan reggiano cheese
- 4-5 slices provolone cheese sliced into small pieces
Watch the video above for step by step instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add the Butcher Box steak to a skillet on medium-high heat. Season the steak with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping both sides of the steak.
Add the green peppers, onion, garlic, and mushroom to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the meat is no longer pink.
If there is any excess fat in the skillet, drain it. This step is important. If there is excess liquid it will cause the casserole to have a soupy residue underneath.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese has melted.
Remove the skillet from heat.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, shredded parmesan reggiano cheese, and heavy cream.
Spray an 8 x 11 or 9×9 baking dish (I used 8 x11) with oil or cooking spray. Pour the steak mixture into the dish.
Drizzle the liquid egg and cheese mixture on top. Top with the provolone cheese slices.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble. Mine was ready around 18.
Cool before serving.