A great dessert idea to make this spring/summer is Strawberry Cheesecake Tacos! They are fun and easy to make and great to serve to a crowd !
Strawberry cheesecake is delicious….one of my favorite desserts for sure! Cheesecake in taco shell is a fun twist on the usual cheesecake and a great way to serve it to a crowd!
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 20
- Author: Sarah Kozowski.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- Tortillas about 20 rounds
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Butter melted
- Strawberries chopped
- Corn starch
- Cold water
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese softened
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter to get about 20 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in graham cracker crumbs.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
- Make the strawberry Filling: In a small pot pour water, add sugar and strawberries. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer to soften the strawberries.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into strawberry mix and bring to a boil, stirring constantly (mixture will be slightly chunky). Remove to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest and vanilla for 2 minutes, using medium speed, until it thickens. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Fill the taco shells with cream cheese filling and top with 1/2 tsp strawberry filling. Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs, optional!